Calcium Reactor Supply Pump

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
My calcium reactor was getting an inconsistent supply from my return pump so I switched over to an Aqualifter pump since I use one on my smaller reactor with no issues. I am still constantly adjusting my flow and after a couple of days need to push water through. The Aqualifter is too weak for this purpose. What realistic solutions do you guys have? Most peristaltic pumps are out of my price range any ideas would be helpful. Most smaller power heads don't accept 1/4" line. Pics are always helpful too.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I used a maxijet pump on my last tank. Like you already said, the typical smaller pumps don't accept a 1/4" line. But, you can DIY some adapters to make it work. I used adapters and shoved a 1/4" line inside of another larger dia fitting to make mine work. Everything was contained inside the sump so a 100% tight fit wasn't a big deal. This worked for me for years and provided a reliable and consistent volume to the reactor.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
When I had my CaRx set up, I used a 1/2" to 1/4" push connect fitting to make it work on a maxijet. They sell then at home depot and it's pretty easy to rig.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Had a small pump and used like 4 different sizes of tubing to scale it down to 1/4". Let's see what happens over the next couple of days. I'll probably pick up a pump from eBay eventually. Thanks guys.