Cleaning equipment

I just bought a cutting board and chopping knife to dedicate to the purpose of cutting up shrimp into small pieces for fish food. I want to clean these items after every use without using something harmful that may make its way back into the tank (possibly through cross-contamination) like dishwashing soap. What would be a fish safe cleaning agent to clean this cutting board and knife?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kchristensen8064

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just bought a cutting board and chopping knife to dedicate to the purpose of cutting up shrimp into small pieces for fish food. I want to clean these items after every use without using something harmful that may make its way back into the tank (possibly through cross-contamination) like dishwashing soap. What would be a fish safe cleaning agent to clean this cutting board and knife?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinegar would be a good option I would think.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Hot water will get off most oily fishyness and everything else you can use Vinegar, or citric acid

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I put stuff in the dishwasher all the time with regular dishwashing stuff. It has always been fine. If you are really worried about it, then just use some hot water and wipe it dry.