Craigslist Deal of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jeremiah;309467 said:
So a scam? Just wish we could do something to flag it so others not privy to our forum don't get ripped off.
You can flag it. Click the flag putton on the craigslist post.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I dont get why someone would go through the amount of trouble of putting that post up. The list is very detailed and priced out and everything. This is weird.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;309478 said:
Probably a phishing attempt
+1. It says to respond sith your name and number. Probably went through the trouble so he could sell the contact info.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
reefn4fun;310881 said:
Even at 4 k he has some set up
Great setup, but unless the tank and stand and livestock cost more than 1500, you can get everything he listed brand nee for 4k. Terrible deal if you ask me. 2500 - 3000 would be more like it.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Frostyfish;310895 said:
I don't need to sell it so I'm going to give ripping off a business a shot....
Yikes... I'm not trying to be mean, and I respect your right to ask whatever you think your set up is worth, but I would highly suggest deleting or editing your last post. Many of the business you plan on "ripping off" do a lot of business here on the forum. In addition, I think you would get less from a business than from a private sale, seeing as they have overhead and need to sell something for a profit. In addition, since all of your equipment is used, they would not be able to offer a warranty on said used equipment, which would cause many to hesitate to buy from a business.
In past instances, it has been far more profitable, and quicker turning, to part out a set up. Those that commented before (myself included) mean no disrespect, but we've been around long enough to see how it goes on here and on craigslist.
Good luck with your sale, however you decide to proceed!

Blazinjack;310900 said:
Yikes... I'm not trying to be mean, and I respect your right to ask whatever you think your set up is worth, but I would highly suggest deleting or editing your last post. Many of the business you plan on "ripping off" do a lot of business here on the forum. In addition, I think you would get less from a business than from a private sale, seeing as they have overhead and need to sell something for a profit. In addition, since all of your equipment is used, they would not be able to offer a warranty on said used equipment, which would cause many to hesitate to buy from a business.
In past instances, it has been far more profitable, and quicker turning, to part out a set up. Those that commented before (myself included) mean no disrespect, but we've been around long enough to see how it goes on here and on craigslist.
Good luck with your sale, however you decide to proceed!
I am not selling any thing nor am I trying to rip businesses off, I was just annoyed with that Craigslist post. It just bugs me when people say they "don't need to sell" what they are advertising as for sale. I know when that is said it's meant to avoid lowball offers, I don't understand why the seller doesn't put "serious offers only". I shouldn't have said that, it just annoys the living s&@t out of me when people sell used items at prices way above their value. I believe in selling items at reasonable prices or lower so some one else can enjoy what you were fortunate enough to have. Selling something for more than it's worth just to see if you can find some one who doesn't know better or has deep pockets is horrible in my opinion.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Frostyfish;310913 said:
I am not selling any thing nor am I trying to rip businesses off, I was just annoyed with that Craigslist post. It just bugs me when people say they "don't need to sell" what they are advertising as for sale. I know when that is said it's meant to avoid lowball offers, I don't understand why the seller doesn't put "serious offers only". I shouldn't have said that, it just annoys the living s&@t out of me when people sell used items at prices way above their value. I believe in selling items at reasonable prices or lower so some one else can enjoy what you were fortunate enough to have. Selling something for more than it's worth just to see if you can find some one who doesn't know better or has deep pockets is horrible in my opinion.
Oh gotcha. My mistake.

Micheal

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I could see the woodwork costing that much. I was quoted 1500 for a paint grade poplar stand for my 200dd from Pidge. That was just the stand, no hood or second tank. Seeing his work it didn't seem to much out of line.

Status
Not open for further replies.