DIY Frag Racks

Is there anyone here who DIY's their own hanging frag racks and might have some to sell? I haven't checked at Elite yet, but I assume they are a little pricier just because they need to pay overhead. Looking for some maybe with magnets to hug the corners or sides of my tank. I know I could do these myself but you're talking to an extreme screw-it-upper. PM me if you have some. thanks!

Now that I think about it, this might be an equipment post, so feel free to move it, unless someone wants to use it to explain how to build your own.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
its amazing how much people charge for frag racks at shops. it's like a piece of acrylic with holes drilled and suction cups... costs 3 dollars to make and 30 dollars at a shop.

That's what I was afraid of. I'm considering picking up a little dremel and trying this myself if it's too much. Who needs all their fingers?

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just use egg crate and a old magnet. Bamm!!

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Elite reef has some that are sweet and I think they are about 20 bucks

I'll check those out then - 20 isn't horrible when you consider last time my husband glued something, he sealed his mouth shut. Man it was hard not to laugh. We sort of suck at building stuff.

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
The one I bought at elite reef is this:

I like it. Works great for trying different heights for corals you just bought too!

Oh yeah! I do remember seeing that in there. I was thinking more along the lines of a flat rack like a sheet with holes for plugs. That one might be useful too for corners in my 90. Thanks!

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea that is the one I was talking about

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Like Khensura was saying, get an old mag float, glue some egg crate, and super glue, and bam done, make it any size you like

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was eye balling reefkoi's on his site I think there only $16

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I will sample it for you.... he-he... Make sure it hols up to the extreme pressure of a Colorado reef tank.