Dosing pump tubing needed

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Does anyone know where I can get replacement tubing that goes inside the head of the dosing pump? It is the smaller silicone tubing. The pump is the baby fish pump from the group order last fall. While I'm at it what about replacement pump as one seems to not want to pump either.

yOdaddy

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Following. One of my pump is starting to crap out as well. It might be under warranty still if you got it from bush

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
All of the pumps are working fine for now. I just need the smaller soft tubing that goes inside the heads. I tried the soft airline tubing size but that is too big and didn't work. Don't want to spend $75 on heads from BRS if I have to I might just order their dosers.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd try to email fishstreet.com since they sell these as well. If they don't have replacement heads and tubing, I'm sure they can get them from the manufacturer for you. I had a chinese dosing unit a while back and ordered it with replacement tubing and heads...a year later I needed more peristaltic tubing and they shipped some for a few bucks.

Also check ebay; if they sell that unit on there, chances are the seller also can send you replacement parts.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Found the right tubing at US Plastics but I am not sure what size it is. Anyone have a guess? I was thinking 1/16" ID X 3/16" OD X 1/16 thickness. Sound right?

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bummer. Have you tried contacting fish street yet? I'm sure they can provide replacement parts through the manufacturer if need be.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
jahmic;304025 said:
Bummer. Have you tried contacting fish street yet? I'm sure they can provide replacement parts through the manufacturer if need be.
I haven't tried to contact them since their shipping was so high the last time I ordered from them. I did find replacement tubing for bubble magus heads on Premium Aquatics so I think that should work but we will see.
sethsolomon;304026 said:
On a side note: make sure you lubricate your rollers when you replace the tubing with something like vaseline.
Didn't know I needed to do that. Thanks Seth!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Just wanted to thank Bush for hooking me up with some replacements yesterday at ReefEd! Should have some bubble magus replacements this week. Hopefully those work as well so I don't need to take the doser off line.