ecoxotic stunner question

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
So had someone over and got on the subject of adding some blue light to my set up to get different colors out of my zoas and what not. I don't want to mess with my T5s as my growth is great so I thought I would supplement with an LED strip. Looks like the stunners in 48" 445nm can be had with the power supply for under $100. Any opinions? Better options? Figure I could mount something in the canopy between the T5s and turn them on when I want...

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ecoxotics burn out in 3 months they are garbage. Get True Lumen current strips. The are a bit more expensive but exponentially better built.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Like this? TrueLumen 48-Inch TrueLumen Pro LED Strip Light, Actinic Pacific Blue with Canopy Brackets

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I have a 36" current true lumen but can't remember which of the 3 are a little out of whack. I won't be back at school for a week but can check when I get back if you're interested. I wanna say the blue worked well but had a couple of diodes burnt out.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sure let me know. I really need a 60" but it only comes upto 48" so maybe I'll do 2 36"