Ghost Riding the Site

N1tew0lf1212

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Lets get some updates everyone some posts of your tanks and projects to come. Things you have finished.

One thing you know now that you wish you did?

Best things you have learned in the hobby?

Easy trick and tip that has changed your style of reefing?

Tank stability and numbers?

Answer one or come up with your own. Let's start making this community glow again.

Last edited:

Visualsnow

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wish I would never have used 100% PVC for my plumbing. yes, it looks much better, but it is a PITA to clean years down the road.

Also, I messed up my manifold so all things co through the return pump twice.
Something that I wish was more appreciated when set up of a reef tank is plumbing cleaning. In a perfect world, we would purchase two sets of plumbing and print out a bill of materials needed in order to replace it all down the road. That way the plumbing could be configured outside of the tank and be basically a drop in in the event of wanting to replace one's plumbing system.

Jacob H

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wish I had quarantined corals and live rock better. The majority of people do not quarantine corals or live rock if they have used it, but for me this has led to disaster. My lack of regard for coral quarantine has lead to monti eating nudis outbreaking in my display and the threat of black bugs on my sps. I highly suggest any new or even experienced reefer start quarantining their corals. In terms of live rock I wish I had quarantined or at least observed it a while before its addition. Just plopping florida live rock in my display has introduced a battle with fireworms that love to eat my zoas and a multitude of crabs including stone and other xanthid crabs that have actively eaten my acropora. I am still dealing with these pests right now and they are a headache to say the least. My advice is to try and quarantine everything, a minor headache up front can save so much suffering later on.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Secretary
I wish I’d spent the money for our current system sooner. It’s so nice to buy one system from one company that just all works well together out of the box. I did love my Frankenstein systems too - but damn is it nice not to have to solve plumbing problems or design/build a sump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk