Gotta love AC50...

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sometimes I just love the aquaclear filter systems. You will fall asleep, everything is fine, you wake up the next morning and it has overflowed over the back of the filter, losing (thankfully) 3 gallons of water, which is now on many carpet and walls. I'm not sure if the water will seep through the ceiling but I guess we'll find out. Sometimes I love them, and sometimes I really really dislike them. Thank you aquaclear, for making a filter that has overflowed on me twice...

Guess it's time to do that fuge mod that I've been putting off

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That stinks, sorry to hear. :(

Good luck with the fuge mod. In the meantime, I'd just replace the sponge with a small amount of poly-fil...I use that polyfiber from walmart, and water seems to flow through it better than the sponges. I've had issues with sponges floating in the past, and had to cut an oversized one for the chamber and use media bags to hold it in place. That that polyfill tends to stay in place though.

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
haha it happens, just wish it didn't happen while I was sleeping... but this will be a good progression for the build thread so that's a positive!

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gotta love AC50...

I ran an ac70 on my 3 gallon pico and never once had an issue with it running for 2+ years. I loved mine.

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gotta love AC50...

Man I always seem to have issues haha, it is probably user error but still. I wish the bio wheel filters were a little more acceptable for a nano reef, but that BIOWHEEL doesn't really help