Hello

Hello my name is Lan. I am a molecular biologist, an ecologist, and a marine biologist. I currently have a 150gallon reef system, a 150gallon freshwater Aggressive South American tank, a 135 gallon breeder system, and a 150gallon saltwater tank dedicated to research and development of marine aquaculture. My research is funded by the University of Colorado, Boulder. I also work as a manager at a LFS.

I love the chemistry involved with salt water aquariums and using this knowledge I have achieved a "zero-water-change" balanced reef system. I one day hope to develop methods for producing aqua-cultured marine species. I would also like to one day own a personal deep sea submarine. If I ever discover a new species of surgeonfish it will be named the Pootie Tang.

I am looking forward to learning all I can from this forum and having such a great resource for information, supplies, networking, and getting to know other fish geeks.

Thanks,
Lan

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome: would be very interested to hear how the zero water change system works... and PICS!!! :)

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Glad you joined us, sounds like you can bring some great insight and knowledge to the group.

Also which store do you manage?