Hot tub pump

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My dad tore his hot tub apart and saved me the heater and pump "pack" here's a picture:

It's a 3 HP. Says 1725-3450rpm. Has anyone used anything like this? I'll obviously be cleaning the p!ss outta it because of all the chemicals and the fact that its been sitting for a few years.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wonder what the power consumption on that thong would be. Arnt they 220? Atleast my grandparents tub is.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hot tub pump

09bumblebee;251560 said:
Wonder what the power consumption on that thong would be. Arnt they 220? Atleast my grandparents tub is.
My thong consumes a ton of power!!

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;251564 said:
Hmmm didn't need to know you wear a thong jack. That's just wrong lol.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Hot tub pump

Is the wattage consumption worth it? Will the seals even hold for saltwater?

sent from your home

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69;251585 said:
Is the wattage consumption worth it? Will the seals even hold for saltwater?
The wattage is pretty horrendous compared to a dart or somthing like that. And to use that pump your going to have to replace all the seals because they have absorbed a ton of hot tub chemicals.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Blazinjack;251564 said:
That Thong,th,th,th,thong!

Re: Hot tub pump

I too had thought about this. Hottub pumps are designed to work with 0 head pressure, not a lifter pump. Not saying it can't just saying it won't do it as well, so more power is used with less results. So, I thought why not a closed loop, after isn't a hottub just a big closed loop? Going off that, I thought about taking as much flow that a 500 gal hot tube has and pack it onto a 100 gal tank. That doesn't sound like a good idea.
Final hot tub pumps are noisier then hell, you don't want that in you living room.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;251564 said:

I would trade in for one that has built in solar panels, Blazin Jock. Er, Blazinjack

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;251681 said:
blazin Jock...I think they make an ointment for that HAHAHA

Dual fans under the thong canopy may also help

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hot tub pump

Thanks everyone!! This came off a ~300 gal hot tub and I was going to use it on the 210, but I think you guys are right... Not worth the effort for a questionable item.