I'd

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
There's a few rocks w this on them. Not sure what it is. And yes I know there's a pellet in the pic ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I redid the aquascaping 2 months ago. Haven't see this before today on the rock, there is another one w similar things. It's not in direct light and is slightly shaded

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here's a better pic of it that also shows something green that's been growing for about 6 months.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
For sizing purposes that's the smallest size of formula one pellet by ocean nutrition.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks to me like you just have some healthy, mature rock :)

Can't say for sure that first pic is a sponge, but unless it gets invasive I wouldn't worry much about it. Green stuff definitely looks like a sponge to me.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cool! It should be mature it's from scchase tank that he had in 05'

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks!!! I've been trying to figure out the green stuff for some time now and should have just posted here months ago. Thanks again!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Now that I'm home and can see this on the PC...first pic looks more like a tunicate than a sponge.

http://emeralddiving.com/id_ascidians.html - not necessarily the same sp. but looks similar to the one in the 2nd pic on this page

Anybody else wanna chime in? I'm no expert...just going off my own research after having random microfauna like that popping up in my tanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea it looks about the right size to. I get them blowing around the tank a lot and it collects on the dragons breath macro