Is a mini cycle enough if I add livestock slowly?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
IMO you are fine. I have taken out plenty if rock to rearrange my tank with now problems. As long as they don't dry out youll be fine.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
i came home last night and my return line for my frag tank had come off. there for syphoning all but about 4in of water out of the tank. the power head ran dry for who knows how long and about 30 frags were out of the water for who knows how long. all under a halide too. filled it back up and everthing looks perrfect today.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
tlsrcs;164478 said:
i came home last night and my return line for my frag tank had come off. there for syphoning all but about 4in of water out of the tank. the power head ran dry for who knows how long and about 30 frags were out of the water for who knows how long. all under a halide too. filled it back up and everthing looks perrfect today.
Ouch!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The top of my galaxea is exposed during water changes for a few minutes...never seemed to be an issue. I'm sure there are some corals that are more sensitive than others...but typically the ones you place at the top of the tank that get exposed are going to be high light corals. In the wild these are usually going to be in shallow waters and are likely exposed due to rising and falling tides. I'd imagine that softies may not appreciate prolonged exposure, but stony corals should be fine.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
tlsrcs;164478 said:
Oh...I woulda **** my pants. lol. glad it worked out

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, you'll be fine with doing that, I do that with large water changes also. Some corals live where they are exposed to air when the tides go in and out, so most will be unaffected by this.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea i walked down stairs and i herd a dry pump sound you know the grinding noise......and sure enough about 4in of water left and the sump was about 1in from over flowing. i really need a hose clamp