fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Uh duh.... GWA in FOCO... JK LOL

Above the newest frag tables. 350s

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I run one a350w over my 30 gallon tank and I've loved it. He could get away with two hanging over a 120 as long as hey are hung high enough. I reccommend them to everyone. Great growth and color out of all my corals.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
i ran a 360W over the 6' 180g. 2 of them at 7" above the water would cover the entire tank.

loved the color and growth, works great with an apex or controller. definitely recommend over most other brands of LEDs to be honest. the spread and the light par is very good, and the way kessil overlays the lens' the light isn't as direct as competitor LEDs so the "burning" effect to corals won't happen.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
J.guokas;295026 said:
I run one a350w over my 30 gallon tank and I've loved it. He could get away with two hanging over a 120 as long as hey are hung high enough. I reccommend them to everyone. Great growth and color out of all my corals.
Ive seen this one and the light is stunning, the colors and the shimmer effect looked amazing. What didnt you like about them Mike?

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
mikejrice;295094 said:
Point source shadows.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Exactly. Because the light is coming from a single source it creates shadows from corals and rock that aren't directly under the light.

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;295047 said:
Ive seen this one and the light is stunning, the colors and the shimmer effect looked amazing. What didnt you like about them Mike?
I saw Josh's lights just yesterday and thought they looked fantastic! Really nice shimmer effect and the coral really popped! I was really impressed!

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;295047 said:
Even though I don't believe in par as the end all be all I do believe it is a useful gauge to see if light penetrate the water. That being said these fell short on my tank I had 120 par 7-8" below the surface. About 250 at the surface. Then there's the price. You get a knob and a plug for control. So sold at about $25 more and have many more functionality

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk