Led acclimation

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;308606 said:
I'd start at like 20% and raise 5% every two weeks and stop at like 60%

Agreed!! I've run the Rapid Kit in my biocube for over a year, and probably wont ever get higher than I am now @ 75% blue, and whites to taste (about 40%). At those levels, I have good growth from sps, the Nem's are happy, but its hard to introduce new zoa's because the cube is so shallow, and the lights are 2" off the water.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just float the bag and coral dip if the parameters are similar to my water. If the parameters arent similar, I drip acclimate to a bag floating in the tank for 3 hours. I then set the frag plug on the sand for a week (or more if needed) and if the frag looks to be recovering very well, I glue it where I want it to be permanantly.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;308635 said:
How do you acclimate new zoas in your tank?
Honestly I stopped trying to add new zoa's, they kept getting smoked. Most of the one's I started with made it with the original adjustment to the light level the tank is at now. It could just be coincidence, but I really don't have room in that tank to use for any more zoa's anyway, so just stopped trying.

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FishTV;308638 said:
Honestly I stopped trying to add new zoa's, they kept getting smoked. Most of the one's I started with made it with the original adjustment to the light level the tank is at now. It could just be coincidence, but I really don't have room in that tank to use for any more zoa's anyway, so just stopped trying.
Do you have moonlights?