LEDS at Lowes

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone tried these on a small tank? Light out put seemed pretty strong. Variable color. Come in a four pack of 9" or 15". Not sure if a good spectrum could be achieved.
View attachment 8629

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Perfect to light up your sump do you can see.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Craigar;185233 said:
For a actinic light it would be good I would think does it have specs on the leds
Couldn't read the packaging as they were sold out. But the lights have the ability to change to pretty much any color including purples and blues. The white was very bright.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
One of the reviews says you can link up to six of these rails together, I wonder if this would be enough light for a 28g bio cube?

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
RefferMatt;185253 said:
One of the reviews says you can link up to six of these rails together, I wonder if this would be enough light for a 28g bio cube?
For actinics or supplemental lighting, sure. But I doubt they'd have enough PAR for any kind of coral growth.

I've put a PAR meter under those TrueLumen strips as well as multiple light bars trying to find cheap led lighting for one of my old planted nano setups. The main issue was light fall-off at any reasonable depth. The only strip that did OK that I tried was the more expensive TrueLumen strips, and even those had significant fall-off beyond 12" of depth.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: LEDS at Lowes

Anyone try these yet for anything?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD