Lighting requirements for a 180ish tank.

Hello again everyone. I am getting ready to start a new build and I want to make sure I have the equipment that I need before I get too far ahead of myself. So the dimensions on this guy are different from the 180's I've seen. It is 72 long, 18 front to back, and 30 deep. I really love the way the AI's look, so I want to keep just the sol blues over this tank. I plan on it being a mixed reef. I would like to keep a few acros along with maybe a crocea clam all towards the top of the tank. My question is, will three AI sol's be enough in this tank? Thanks for your input!

The only reason I'm not jumping on getting four is that the tank is only 18 wide and I've heard that 24" by 18" is a good spread on these which 3 would cover perfectly, so I'm torn because I can always just turn down four.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lighting requirements for a 180ish tank.

Well I have three over my 180 72x24x24 16" off the water I don't have any dim spots The problem is getting enough par down 30"

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I Run 3 250 watt 15k MH w/ actinics to suppliment. Tank size is the same exact size as Craigers