Magnetic razor scrubber??

powdermonkey

Butterfly Fish
Hey guys, Ive been using the old glue on adjustable razor blade for hard algae. There has got to be something better. Not to mention I am now out of the blades and the LFS doesnt carry them anymore. And I dont have the package to find them on the net. I also have the Super algae cutting bags with my mighty magnet. It will not take off coralline aglae. So lets hear what you are using!! And a razor blade in my hand just wont cut it. I cant reach everything.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
powdermonkey;347541 said:
Thanks
I've been looking at the flipper. Hoping to hear a few options before dropping $100. Do you have glass? Does it work well on coralline?
Its hands down the easiest and most effective magnet cleaner I've ever used. I do have glass and it easily removed coralline. Not sure where you're seeing it for $100, but BRS has it for $40. I'd also hit up Cris at Aquatic Art as I think he may have them.

http://aquarium.bulkreefsupply.com/search?w=flipper magnetic cleaner

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
charleshardy5;347542 said:
Tunze care magnet. Mine works great for hard algae. Others have reported it breezing through coraline as well, and affordable at that
+1. Have the long version and it works great on my 150 acrylic. Eats up coraline.

powdermonkey;347584 said:
I have 3/4" glass so I would need the biggest one. I also have low iron and am concerned about scratching. But i don't have to worry about sand.
Tim also has starphire glass, I can attest, no scratching
just_tim;347576 said:
+2 i have the long as well and this thing takes care of calcified algae without damaging starphire.

Chris_W

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
just_tim;347577 said:
And you can bury this thing in the sand without it scratching the glass.
Agreed. It works great.

It does not float though. I've had to go digging behind rock work once or twice.