M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
This is this weekend. Hope to see you all there

ianryd

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
How would it do in a 20 gal bare bottom nem tank with a couple fish?
Anyone coming to the meeting that would like to adopt this crab? It’s about 4” and still growing. It’s cute but wouldn’t recommend for a conventional reef tank. It likes to move stuff around and dig (why it’s being evicted).

I don’t think it will count as DBTC unless you find a way to frag it successfully. :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I’ve never seen it interact with anemones but doubt it will be a problem. It was in a tank with cardinals and didn’t manage to catch any of them.

I assume in a bare bottom, it’s going to find a cave under a rock to hide out in most of the time.

It likes cocktail shrimp (hold the cocktail sauce). I feed it with a chunk of food on a stick. It’s pretty grabby and I don’t want it to get ahold of my finger.

I can bring along the trap I made to catch it. If it doesn’t behave in your tank, it shouldn’t take to long to catch it again. Doubt it’s that smart.

Let me know.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Not hijack but with crabs isn't pointy claws reefer beware,rounded claws reefers joy?

Sent from my LG-H918 using MASC mobile app
That’s possible. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of the “rule of thumb” or “rule of claws”.

I think I’m going to see if the butterfly pavilion wants it. I think they have a tank with crustaceans only.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Great turn out. Lots of new faces, which is great to see. Thanks all for coming out and big thanks to Scott for hosting.

gmate

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
Was it @scmountain that was asking about macro lenses (I don't know everyone's forum handle). I wanted to follow-up with this:

https://www.shopmoment.com/shop/macro-lens
https://www.shopmoment.com/shop/categories/cases

Here's a photo of today's Green Fungia frag under the macro lens after an acclimation - happily extended (sorry if pictures are huge, I don't know how to resize):

I'd like to point out that, whilst you can't see it in person (too small), under a macro shot there are some other babies growing on the frag as well (I counted three, two in the above picture that are visible on the bottom). For a coral that is a few millimeters across - this is pretty cool! Those are pebbles against the glass you are seeing, for perspective:

Going to be watching this little guy grow out via close-ups!

ianryd

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mr. Fungia here lol, yesterdays meeting was great. Maybe we could do a fungia growout challenge since so many people got one? Im not sure how that works, but it would be fun to see!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app