MH Bulbs

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
For the past year or so Ive been using pulserite (sp?) MH lights and Im looking for something better and wanted to see what everyone was usuing and had good luck with.

I need single ended bulbs, 250 watt, must be compatible with electronic ballast. Ive only ever used 20K, but am open to suggestions.

I really like the radiums, however my ballast will not correctly fire these as these require magnetic ballast and Im really not trying to replace my ballasts.

Im currently running 3 x 250w MH with 2 x 96watt T5 true actinics.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I cant seem to find much info on the single ended Pheonix bulbs, only the double ended ones. Anyone know of the ratings are the same for both types?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Im not overly concerned with price as i am with quality.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use Radiums on a electric ballast without issue. Not running them on a M80 ballast lowers their life a little bit and the color rendition is slightly bluer (or maybe whiter, cant remember).

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Djmm1177;220738 said:
Try sos/lighting .com best prices I've found on halide bulbs they do have the single ended ones.
+1 on SOS

I use the 250 DE of the Pheonix 14K and love them. I wonder if anyone has old bulbs they can let you use of the SE.

Anyone to hook him up? Also, Reefgeek has good info on all bulbs, such as spectium. You might want to check out this site.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2009/6/review
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/4/aafeature

Sanjay's Lighting Guide was an awsome source of good bulb to ballest combo testing but I couldn't find the link. All my bookmarks are dead and google ones as well.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks DyM, (not sure if its Dave or Monica responding, LOL), Ill take a look, Im leaning towards the Pheonix 14Ks and will probably summplement with a bit of T5 Actinics as I like the blue shimmer.