More of a out with than in with

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just got the new gyre xf150. I'm more than impressed. For those that haven't seen my old threads or know me, I have a 180G RR tank. I did have 2 mp40's in the tank. I did some research and also saw it at MACNA, but I bought a gyre xf150 from Coral Xpression. I took video of both pumps to show my point and allow others to see it as well and develop their own opinions. I, for one, am impressed. I'm still playing with the pump and figuring it out, but I will post the videos and let you see.

With mp40's
https://vimeo.com/119613904

With Gyre
https://vimeo.com/119613930

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice! In my 150 XH I run a Gyre for a circular rotation and an MP40 for reef swell. Super happy with the setup.

The only thing I don't love about the Gyre is the reverse mode is just this side of useless. It's a valiant effort though! Can't wait for it to be APEX ready.

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah. I changed out my propellers to run a "A-A" alternating stage. I'll do a video of that to show the difference.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Kinda a side note, I like your aqua scape. My gyre is killing it as well. Really pleased with it. I added back one tunze for a bit of turbulence.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for the videos. Love to see how it's doing with A-A. I'm running the bone stock A-B right now at 50% constantly. Probably about time to pull it out for another cleaning and to swap out the magnets. It is a little loosest than I'd like.

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;342144 said:
Kinda a side note, I like your aqua scape. My gyre is killing it as well. Really pleased with it. I added back one tunze for a bit of turbulence.
Thank you.

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
ayaws;342145 said:
Thanks for the videos. Love to see how it's doing with A-A. I'm running the bone stock A-B right now at 50% constantly. Probably about time to pull it out for another cleaning and to swap out the magnets. It is a little loosest than I'd like.
I changed them out this morning. I'm still getting that flow I wanted, but also a turbulence as well. I saw in constant and pulse my corals going one way, with this, it's kinda like a flowing. I'll update with video soon. Appreciate y'all looking.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I need to look into changing the whatever the things are called to see what happens. I was at Aqua imports today. They have 1 on the 4'x4' tank in the front. The entire tank had a 1.5" wave.

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah. There is a difference, but the reverse flow isn't that impressive. It's suppose to cause a turbulence effect. I'm not really seeing it.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'm going to try it vertical on my center overflow on alternating gyre with the A and A in and see how that goes. I didn't realize until today that the blades were different. Lol

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Neither did I. I watched the videos. Quick tip, use the bushing and black insert from the replacement kit, don't try to take it out the other blade.