1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

My little reefs

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Tinyreef, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Tinyreef

Tinyreef Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

My system is three nano reefs plumbed together. 20"x24"x8" main tank, a 6.8 gallon cube and 10 gallon corner tank. The 10 gallon and 6.8 both drain into a 20 gallon refugium that then drains to the main sump which is a 10 gallon. The main tank drains direct to this sump also.
    I estimate a total water volume of 45gallons and about 60lbs of live rock spread between the tanks and sand in all three displays.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    SynDen likes this.
  2. Tinyreef

How do I rotate pictures?

3. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

its the phone camera orientation that does it I believe. The forum sometimes reads them that way as result. You can try flipping it in the phone and reload it

4. Tinyreef

For equipment im running
    A modified black box
    2 ai primes
    2 cheap grow lights over fuge
    Icecap k2-50 skimmer
    Brs mini reactor
    Vectra s2
    Ghl dosing pump
    Tunze ato
    Nero 3 in corner tank
    Rfg nozzles cube(1) and main tank(2)
    Inkbird controller for heater

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    zatch, Haddonisreef and SynDen like this.
  5. scmountain

scmountain Amphipod Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Going to need ALL of the photos of this! Looks like a really cool setup.
    I use Imgur for posting photos here. Snap em on your phone send it to you imgur account, edit if needed, copy link to your post!

6. Tinyreef

Small cube tank. Has tailspot blenny green clown goby and a pom pom crab.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

zatch likes this.
  7. Tinyreef

Couple more[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

scmountain and Haddonisreef like this.
  8. Tinyreef

Main tank and some filtration[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

zatch likes this.
  9. flagg37

flagg37 Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

Looks like you’ve got enough room for another tank.

10. Tinyreef

If the sump could hold more water i would add more lol.

11. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

The bounce and jaw breaker look great!!

12. Tinyreef

Thank you. They are some of my favorites

Haddonisreef likes this.
  13. Tinyreef

10 gallon corner tank. This tank was added to the system in February. Its currently infested with gha. Hoping to put my bta in here if I can figure out the algae issues. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

SynDen and Haddonisreef like this.
  14. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Cute little corner tank. Just keep pulling the gha out and eventually the rocks will burn through the nutrients feeding it. Thus is the issue with starting with dry rock, but it will clear in time. You could also add a bag of gfo in it to help draw out the nutrients too, to speed it up

15. Tinyreef

I'm running phosguard in my reactor currently. I hope it clears soon my anemone just isn't as cool in a basket.

SynDen likes this.
  16. Tinyreef

Added a bigger sump today. Cut the stand to fit it but that was part of the plan.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

SynDen likes this.
  17. Tinyreef

Corner tank in its current state. Corner overflow was made by cutting a modurlare marine overflow down to 3/4" profile then cut in half and bonded at a 90° with weldon.[​IMG][​IMG]

SynDen likes this.
  18. Tinyreef

Super glued some bits of acrylic to the sump tank rim today for ato and dosing lines.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

SynDen and Haddonisreef like this.
  19. flagg37

flagg37 Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

Bigger sump means now there’s enough room for more tanks. ;)

Tinyreef likes this.
  20. Tinyreef

Picked up a springeri damsel for the corner tank. Amazing blue! Will post pictures when he warms up a bit