My wifes 55g build

SLewis

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well the wife goes shopping and comes home with a 55g from petcos $1 a gallon sale. and told me to replace her 20G that is on the counter separating the kitchen from the living room. She even wants to do some of the maintenance on it...(lol i doubt it but maybe, i will most likely be doing it) So here are a few pics of the first 2 weeks we have been working on it.

View attachment 14819
her project
View attachment 14820
an old 20long we are going to make a sump out of
View attachment 14821
we bought glass for the sump
View attachment 14822
the wife should know better than to let me play with sharp objects
View attachment 14823
it bled through 3 bandaids untill i decided to forgo the stitches and i used coral glue on it lol
View attachment 14824
my son helping water test the sump
View attachment 14825
box of goodies (my wife wouldnt let me open it. so i took it to her on her lunch break
View attachment 14826
cleaned off the counter ready to do work
View attachment 14827
braced the counter and made a sump area we will put cabinet doors on later
View attachment 14828
managed to cut more fingers
View attachment 14829
a shot of it what we did today.
View attachment 14830

now all we need is water and sand and lights and heaters.

SLewis

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got some 120w Evo Lights up and on the tank, water is in and the tank is cycling. hopefully we will have more updates soon. We are working on closing cabinet doors and "false" walls for access to the tank.[attachment=64862:name]

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
HAHAHAHAHA That's awesome.
I think if I did that to Mike, he'd respond, "you get to figure that out, since you brought it home."

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
haha i dropped the hint of needing a few things from the store, and when i get a text saying "i got you a surprise"

...lets just say a seahorse was quite possibly one of the last things ida thought shed come home with.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
HA! Poor thing prolly thought she was doing something great, only to find out that it wasn't the best move ever. There's just something entrancing about seahorses. One day I'll have a seahorse tank. Maybe after we get back from Mexico...

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
do it! i love our little one, ..MAYBE not at first... but I finally got her eating frozen and finely crushed flake so its about to move into the 180, ill leave her tank running for a few days to make sure shes ok and doesnt need to be moved back, but if shes good in the 180 thats where she will remain!

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought they needed cooler water, less flow, and little/no competition for food...

And I just realized that we completely hijacked this thread. SORRY!!

:focus: