Need some help - ammonia up and have small amt of nitrite too!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya you can talk with algae barn our sponsor and they can help you get a good pod pop started and tell you what you need to keep it going

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Charles. I am on my way to LFS to double check what I got this a.m. on ammonia and nitrite and see if they have a better nitrate kit I can use at home. I will ask them about pods for mandarin as they are pretty cool about most anything we need. We have a lot of live rock with a lot growing on it so hope that helps mandarin as well.

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice! Thanks for this info Syn. Feeling a [bit] more optimistic today than yesterday. Things were so perfect and then - guess we learned a ton as well as being prepared and things not to do. Have been barely feeding anything.

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Back from LFS. They got tests that showed 0 ammonia and nitrite and 4 ppm on nitrate...I think that the chem use of Smartstart is giving the impression that all is well, but do not think that is necessarily the case so am going to do frequent tests and water changes. Got pods for mandarin. I was also told that the anem releases large - dumps? and that can cause a spike. I more I learn, the less I know but it has not reduced my interest and passion for this hobby one bit.

Thanks again people!