New 110 gallon build with sump

jmhartney

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am transitioning from a 72 gallon bowfront to a 110 with a basement sump. The 110 tank stand and canopy was purchased from another member. Since tank is empty I wanted to seal the inside of the canopy. Can any suggest a sealant for wood canopies? Thanks. A fellow MASC member is coming over to start the plumbing tomorrow. I will take plenty of pics and post updates as thing progress.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: New 110 gallon build with sump

Sweet look forward to the build!!! Guess I missed that Adam's tank was reef ready, that tank is awesome!

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Nice looking tank, good luck with the build. Oh, take lots of pics.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

The footprint of that isn't much different than the 72 is it? Taller, for sure, maybe a couple of tall towers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmhartney

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
A monster 90 gallon sump build by fellow MASC member 09bumblebee. He generously offered to help do the plumbing as I have absolutely no experience at all with this type of project.
[attachment=64609:name]

jmhartney

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did a great job with plumbing the overflows added one way valve for the the 1 inch return and ran 1.5 inch for the drain. Also put in unions and valves on everything for easy removal if necessary.[attachment=64610:name]

jmhartney

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;250908 said:
The footprint of that isn't much different than the 72 is it? Taller, for sure, maybe a couple of tall towers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your right the foot print isn't much different at all from the 72. Since I have the time I am going to build some tall pieces with the dry rock that came with the tank. What should I use to secure the pieces together? I have some reef epoxy I have used to glue plugs to rocks. would that be strong enough to hold the rocks in a tower shape?

jmhartney

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have had the refugium going for a couple of weeks. Once I started getting some algae growing I added a couple of snails. Is there anyone in the Arvada area who could give me a cup of their refugium sand to help inoculate mine with some more biodiversity. I am looking for anything that would be benficial to a DSB refugium, micro brittle stars, worms, ect... thanks.

jmhartney

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Update. Tank has been running great. Have the following livestock; hippo tank, kole tank, 3 bartlett's anthias, midas blenny, diamond watchman goby, percula clownfish, flame angel, Kaudern's cardinal, hoeven's wrasse, fire fish. Started adding some simple soft corals; colt, toadstool, mushrooms and zoos in the last few months. I wanted to thank Brian Pyle for doing a great job with installing the basement sump and all the helpful feedback I have gotten from other members. Cheers!

[attachment=65958:name]