new to hobby

just got my first reef tank and looking fror help. 29 gal bio cube will add live sand and water tomorrow. looking for some live rock maybe 25 lbs or so. Roger

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome!

Look around on here for LR. There is LR all the time on here for sale.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Welcome!!!! Are you buying live sand from a store or from a fellow reefer?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome. I have a 29g Biocube as well. If you're ever in the area of Elite Reef let me know. I live about 5 minutes from them and you can swing by and check out my tank.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
welcome i am the one that talked to you at elite today. And if you wanna see i really nice BC go see drews i went there after elite and it looks amazing probably one of the best looking BC i have seen

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
oh you and your wife are always welcome to come check out my tanks as well. if you have any questions feel free to text or call ill be around all day tomorrow so if you have any questions when you start adding sand and rock let me know.

also... my opinion is... don't waste $$ On live sand. I did dry sand, and all my LR from aquariums that are very established, and my cycle lasted only a week and a half. I think the "live sand" bit is just a way for people to make more money.

I started the tank today with live sand and water. It was real cloudy at first but cleared in a couple hours, found some live rock for $3.00 a pound over at About Fish on federal but I will wait until salinty levels out. after I add the live rock how long should the cycle take? and when can I start adding Coral and Fish?

welcome! be careful with damsels their pains in the butt (aggressive). you may want to consider something like a firefish for your first easy care coral friendly and not to expensive