New to Salt!

Hi, I have been in Foco for about 18 months now and finally have found time to get back into the hobby. I moved here from Michigan Aug of 2011 to go to CSU. In Michigan I was in the freshwater hobby for about 5 years, but have not had anything in the past year or so. The plan is a nano reef build, and this will be my first step into salt water. I'll start a new thread for the build in the appropriate place but just thought I should introduce myself as a new member!

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
New to Salt!

Welcome i just got tapatalk hd for ipad love it. I am sure its the same for iphone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to Colorado and MASC. My daughter is going to school there, great place.

I decided on a nano reef for a few reasons. The price, while I know it is still expensive regardless of tank size. Space, I live in a house with seven, college age rowdy roommates so to prevent the tank being broken or contaminated I decided to keep it in my room where I don't have room for a larger setup. lastly I live on a month to month lease and don't know when I will be moving to a new location in fort collins so I figured it would be easier to move a small tank rather than a larger one. I have started the tank and it is currently cycling, here is the thread link! http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?17593-7-5g-1st-Nano-Reef-Build!

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: New to Salt!

Welcome! There are some great people up north to help you out when needed.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
mjzuverink;222094 said:
I decided on a nano reef for a few reasons. The price, while I know it is still expensive regardless of tank size. Space, I live in a house with seven, college age rowdy roommates so to prevent the tank being broken or contaminated I decided to keep it in my room where I don't have room for a larger setup. lastly I live on a month to month lease and don't know when I will be moving to a new location in fort collins so I figured it would be easier to move a small tank rather than a larger one. I have started the tank and it is currently cycling, here is the thread link! http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?17593-7-5g-1st-Nano-Reef-Build!
Awesome, makes complete sense! :) Though, you'll be kicking out roommates soon just to have room for the "UPGRADE". This is the natural progression of our disease!! ;)