Nuvo 16

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm looking to get a nuvo 16 but I hear the stock lighting isn't the greatest. What does everyone recommend for lighting. It's only for nems and my clowns.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The most common I see on the nuvos for aftermarket lighting are kessils and Maxspec razors. I personally love my Maxspec I have over my 34.4g.

Just my $0.02.

bruby

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I hate buying stuff more than once so I put 2 AI nanos over mine. I started with the idea that I was going to just have a clown and nem but I knew eventually that plan would change so I just bit the bullet and put them on from the start. You can't beat the color or flexibility.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Both tanks have
http://www.innovative-marine.com/skkye-light/dual-strip.html
Model 6504 - fyi the website says 9x1w for the blues, but they have 12x1w for blues and whites.

One tank is all zoa and mushrooms so more than enough light. The other tank is my anemone, hammer, frogspawn. I've only had the anemone for a month, but he doesn't seem to be stretching looking good so I think it is plenty of light for him.
I've never really done much of the higher light required sps's so I can't tell you how my lights will do with them.

I have been running my blues for 12 hours a day and the whites for 4 hours a day.

I like the profile and look of the tanks, but I hate that since it sits right on top removing the lid for maintenance etc is kind of a pain. Having lighting hanging from above would be nice.
I've been using the lid, but even though one of the tanks has only 1/8" around the lid my firefish still jumped out. So to me other than helping with evaporation(it does reduce alot of evap) the lid is pretty much worthless if you have smaller type fish.

opakapaka;296225 said:
Check in with Jeremiah. He as two nuvo 16 side by side and one of them has a sunburst with clowns.
http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?962-FTS-s!!&p=292635#post292635, post #434 shows his setups