Nuvo Skimmer help!!

Nmertz1

Angel Fish
So I have had this nuvo 38 tank and skimmer set up for over a month now (transferred from a biocube that was running for a year) but I can't seem to get the micro bubbles to go away in the display tank. The skimmer IS broken in and collecting a great thick skim. However, micro bubbles still appear in the tank. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Anything would help!

Thanks,
Nick

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmm mine only did that for a couple days until it was broken in.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have had my IM skimmer for like 6 months and I have tried EVERYTHING....the bubbles won't go away.

I would prefer to run my skimmer 24 hours a day, but because of the bubbles I just gave up and run it at night. That way I can enjoy the bubble free tank during the day.

Nmertz1

Angel Fish
Jeremiah;276067 said:
I have had my IM skimmer for like 6 months and I have tried EVERYTHING....the bubbles won't go away.

I would prefer to run my skimmer 24 hours a day, but because of the bubbles I just gave up and run it at night. That way I can enjoy the bubble free tank during the day.
Ya I don't what the deal is..

Just breaking mine in now bit I have read of placing a sponge or filter pad where the water returns to sump area or placing it all in filter sock. I am using some filter pad in mine and it has decreased them some for now, however I am in day 3 or 4 of turning it on. However the thing is loud and is overflowing evry now and then even though I have it adjusted way down. Hope it get better.

Nmertz1

Angel Fish
Dapozer;282820 said:
Just breaking mine in now bit I have read of placing a sponge or filter pad where the water returns to sump area or placing it all in filter sock. I am using some filter pad in mine and it has decreased them some for now, however I am in day 3 or 4 of turning it on. However the thing is loud and is overflowing evry now and then even though I have it adjusted way down. Hope it get better.
My skimmer never got better. Even if I could have fixed the micro bubble problem, there was no way to make it quiet.

I needed up tossing the skimmer and getting a tunze 9004. Dead silent and no micro bubbles. Plus it doesn't stick out if the top of the tank!

I might have to look into the tunze. The noise is killing me. I have a few more tricks to quieting it down but the micro bubble also need addressed