Ocean pulse duo wavemaker with Koralia nano?

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have two of the newer model Koralia nano 425 pumps. I am thinking of getting an ocean pulse duo, but will these pumps work on it? I have read it may cause damage because of the rattling of the pump, but I don't hear mine do that when I restart them, so does this mean that I will be ok?

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Ocean pulse duo wavemaker with Koralia nano?

matt.radich;241049 said:
I have two of the newer model Koralia nano 425 pumps. I am thinking of getting an ocean pulse duo, but will these pumps work on it? I have read it may cause damage because of the rattling of the pump, but I don't hear mine do that when I restart them, so does this mean that I will be ok?
I talked to one of the guys at hydor last year about this. They will work... but it does significantly reduce the life of the powerhead. The less frequently they cycle on and off...the more life you will get out of them

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ocean pulse duo wavemaker with Koralia nano?

Haha well for $20 I just couldn't pass it up, so I bought it either way. Maybe I will post it for sale

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Ocean pulse duo wavemaker with Koralia nano?

I have been running two 1400s on a duo for a couple years with no issues other than the original weak screens broke. The new design of the screens is much sturdier. Now running 3 on a pro wavemaker. I also received 4 1050s that had been used with a quad wavemaker with no ill effects after an extended period of time. When I first had the 1400s hooked up to the duo I would hear a click when they kicked in...but it has been a long time since I heard that. Also my cleaning of the powerheads has typically been lacking....usually only cleaning them as their performance has been severly impacted by algae growth, I would guess with better maintenance they would last even longer. I also have a pair of nanos on a duo in the clowns 25 gallon, again with no issues.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmm, well that is promising news, I will probably use it then (as it looks mindless to get going) and then see how I like it. I am pretty excited for it to get here. The guy was in Gunnison so I needed it shipped. I wasn't going to drive all that way for a wavemaker lol. But thank you WatercolorsGuy for the positive feedback!!