Our new skimmer. MCR

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just thought I would share our new skimmer. Yes I am doing a show and tell lol, it is exciting to get a new toy. We found it brand new never used on Craigslist.

We got a MCR Orca pro 2. We had been looking for a new skimmer for awhile due to our other one being a little undersized. This skimmer has great bubble contact time, as you can see in the pictures the whole body is filled with bubbles. Another plus with this skimmer is I was able to plumb the bio pellets into the feed of the skimmer something I was unable to do with my other one.

The footprint is 21" x 20" and 38" tall. The body is 10" around.

It is a nice piece of equipment that we have been needing. It is also very hard to make a decision on a skimmer with so many choices. In the end the quality of my reef creations made this a no brainer when this skimmer became available.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Very nice

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ahhh i see it... thats pretty cool....

now do me a favor please..... quit changing **** and giving me ideas on how to change mine...your gonna cost me money lol.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;270089 said:
ahhh i see it... thats pretty cool....

now do me a favor please..... quit changing **** and giving me ideas on how to change mine...your gonna cost me money lol.
I cost us money with my ideas lol..might as well cost you money too

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
wow that skimmer looks huge, too cool, how tall does it stand? are you running a UV sterilizer, do you think it helps?

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Highway66;270095 said:
wow that skimmer looks huge, too cool, how tall does it stand? are you running a UV sterilizer, do you think it helps?
38" tall.

We have 13 tangs total so the uv cant hurt. Since implementing mandatory qt and having the uv no tang has even had one spot. While I dont think the uv cures problems I think it slows the spread to give you time to qt.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think its the dart.... it is labeled orca. MCR and Reeflo are now teamed up and working together to build skimmers....to be honest I think Reeflo may have ownership to some extent of MCR. The Reeflo sticker owns a lot of real estate on the front of this skimmer lol