peroxide dose

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
I have a 12 gallon nano i want to do a proxies dose for algae problem But it could be dino I have 3 fish some ricks,a clam and two types of sps coals,Is their and instruction someone who has done this before please chime in

Thanks ahead of time

Gary

1 ml/10 gallons of water. Must use the .03% peroxide.

This is what I have used and if he’s worked to clear things up in years past. Just started dosing again his past week to try and clear some things up.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya 1ml per 10g is the same I used on my tank for dinos . Keep in mind it will knock it back for a bit, but unless you figure out the source of it, they will just come back.
I dosed mine on 3 occasion with full blackout during it, and they went away for a few weeks, but eventually returned. After the 3rd run of it, the dino developed a resistance the the peroxide and it no longer worked. I tried several other things too after that, including DinoX, which killed all my bryopsis, but didnt phase the dinos lol.
In the end the only thing that really worked for me against the dinos was a UV sterilizer

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
Do I just leave it in or do a water change in a day or two before I pick up a uv sterilizer,Has anyone seen a in tank sterilizer my sump is the back of the 12 gallon jbj nano

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I dosed mine for 2 weeks straight. started it with the blackout and dosing, but continued it for the full 2 weeks, after which I did a water change

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
a week..?, I usually only do 3 days, so I wouldn't try another blackout for awhile as everything will need time to recover from that. If you just finished the blackout periods, you can dose it now for a few weeks and see if it help knock it out completely.