Plumbing question

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I just got the snapper as a replacement for my blohole 1450(big emphasis on blohole they suck). So here is my problem my sump is drilled for one inch. The snapper has a 2 inch inlet and 1 1/2 inch outlet. Is there anyway to plumb this effectively Or do I have to buy a new sump and drill a 2 inch hole.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
just drill a new hole and plug the old one. did they switch out the blohole for a snapper?

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes I got a snapper as a replacement to the blohole. 3 blohole went bad. Maybe it's time to make a new sump which is what I was afraid of. At least it's dollar per gallon sale lol. I also wonder if the snapper has enough pressure to run reactors and such as the blowhole was a little weak

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No question! Yes it should be. Is there a recall on bloholes? I have a new never used 1150 and have not heard one good thing yet about them.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would sell the blohole on Craigslist or burn it up before warrantee expires. They replaced the blohole 2700 with the trident but nothing on the other models. I ask for an upgrade due to the fact this one lasted 4 weeks the last one lasted 6-8 weeks. I have had all problems. I would definitely get bigger/more reliable pump Martin if you still planning on plumbing from basement.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Plug the other hole and drill a new one! Easy!!

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Plumbing question

Andrew_bram;286757 said:
Yes I got a snapper as a replacement to the blohole. 3 blohole went bad. Maybe it's time to make a new sump which is what I was afraid of. At least it's dollar per gallon sale lol. I also wonder if the snapper has enough pressure to run reactors and such as the blowhole was a little weak
The Dollar per gallon is going on now? Let me know if I can help in any way possible

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
With my Dart I just took my 1 1/2" line and increased it to 2" for the pump and had no problems. I wouldn't redrill and risk the sump cracking.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
We can drill it if you bring the sump in to the shop. Either 1.5 or 2.0 inch hole. $25 + bulkhead

V