Radion XR30w help

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have had this light up and running since March and I come home today to find this light coming on and off every two seconds. it comes on and it goes off non stop. I tried unplugging it and that did not work.

I called Ecotech Marine but had to leave a message for tech support.

Any Ideas??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
From Ecotech:

1. Plug in all light(s) into a power outlet.
2. Using the supplied USB cable, plug one light into your computer.
3. Open up the EcoSmart software.
4. If all lights don't automatically appear in your device list, click Refresh Device List.
5. Go to Tools > Factory Reset > All Devices.
6. Your light(s) should all reset at this point.
7. In the EcoSmart software, go to to File > New Project.
8. Close the EcoSmart software.
9. Unplug the USB cable from the computer and your light.
10. Cycle power to ALL light(s) by unplugging them from power plugging in after 10 seconds.
11. At this point, the light(s) should turn on with an orange indicator light on top.
12. You can then open the EcoSmart software and load a previous project or create a new one.

If you continue to experience issues, please contact our customer service department directly by e-mailing service@ecotechmarine.com or by calling 1-800-785-0338 ex. 2

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Radion XR30w help

Mine is under Warranty and ecotech says its the power supply. they are sending a new power supply to me overnight.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

oh and my fan still works just loud sometimes

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;252606 said:
Mine is under Warranty and ecotech says its the power supply. they are sending a new power supply to me overnight.

Ya they thought it was the power supply also! Turned out being the fixture!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Well Alex from Ecotech call me today and said they mailed out a full new unit as they are concerned about the fan as well.

SWEET!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;252810 said:
Well Alex from Ecotech call me today and said they mailed out a full new unit as they are concerned about the fan as well.

SWEET!

Now that's coustomer service!! I got a new one also!!:)

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Radion XR30w help

It always amazes me when i hear people say they had terrible customer service from Ecotech. Ive never had an experience with them that was short of spectacular. Most people i personslly know that have dealt with then have said the same. While im sure there have been a few bad encounters i cant help but wonder how many of these people that complain are not giving the whole story.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

ThunderTwonk;252860 said:
It always amazes me when i hear people say they had terrible customer service from Ecotech. Ive never had an experience with them that was short of spectacular. Most people i personslly know that have dealt with then have said the same. While im sure there have been a few bad encounters i cant help but wonder how many of these people that complain are not giving the whole story.
+1 that's usually the case.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

So much for Ecotech sending the light two express but instead 5 day ground! Oh well it got here today! :)