RapidLED

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Found a light on RC that seems to be a really good deal.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2491150

Can anyone see why this wouldn't be a good deal? I have been in contact with him for about a week now and I believe he has walked me through how to wire the unit and such.

I was looking at this light as I would like to be able to be able to mimic sunrise/sunset, as well as, adjust each color individually.

Other than the 9 additional LED's, I don't see any other cost to get them running.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It wont let me open the link. Takes me to a log in page.

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
"I have a kit I just broke down. It was purchased at Christmas time in 2013, and was used for 3 months and then I moved. It is time to move on, being I now have a 180 gallon tank. It comes with all the meanwell drivers for the whites, blues, and green red and uv leds. It also has the heatsink, fans, and splash guard. Also I have 4 moonlights with the driver to control them as well. I do not have the hanging kit, it was lost in the move. If your interested in this, I can take photos of everything included. You would also need wire...

I paid 600 for it and if I could get 250, I would be thrilled. Just need this gone so I can move on to better things. Thanks and take care fellas..

p.s. I also have the 90 degree lenses and the screws to put the leds on the heatsink. I can include thermal paste as well that I just purchased, artic silver. If I had to do it all over again, I would have never used any screws..

I keep forgetting things lol. it comes with a pwn controller as well to control the leds. also the fan has a speed control included as well.

these are dimmable

Here are pics of the stuff for sale.

I have 18 whites, 11 blues, 6 uv, 2 green, and 2 red. also have 5 drivers total, the kit only comes with 4 but I wanted more control over the colors. Stealth fans with speed control and splash guards.

will need 9 blue leds to complete the kit"

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Doesn't look like I am able to edit my post.

He is offering it to me for $150 shipped

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;346419 said:
yah it would be worth it for $150 shipped. Worst case is you just use it as an overkill sump light :p
LOL - A $150 sump light is not in the budget.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;346419 said:
yah it would be worth it for $150 shipped. Worst case is you just use it as an overkill sump light
+1...or future frag tank light

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
whyamisofly;346416 said:
Doesn't look like I am able to edit my post.
You have to be a badged member to edit posts. FYI.

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;346423 said:
You have to be a badged member to edit posts. FYI.
Speaking of which, I forgot to sign-in on Saturday! :mmph:

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Rapid LED is very good IMO. The fixture I'm currently using is very very similar to that one. I have a custom built LED from them and love it. I have it cranked down to about 50% or so because it's so bright. The only negative I have to say about it is the number of outlets it takes up as each driver and such needs its own plug.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
tomtom2245;346429 said:
The only negative I have to say about it is the number of outlets it takes up as each driver and such needs its own plug.
Not true. I have wired several Meanwell drivers to a single power cord in the past. I don't think I have ever done more than 3 to a single plug, but that is still WAY better than a plug for every driver.