Red with purple tip Monti/Acro?? ID help

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
Hello,

So, yesterday was Reefstock. I got some awesome coral frags with names I'll leave out of this thread.

However I also got this "thing". Although it is a lousy pic for color rendition. The body of this frag is obnoxiously red, with purple tips at the newest growth points. It's a bit low in my tank, plus has only been in about 12 hours. So, one or the other is slowing it's extension.

Maybe an Undata??

I just moved it toward the middle of the tank for more light and flow. I'll post more pics if that helps it open up more.

Thanks all!

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
Yea digitata, THAT's the ticket! Maybe?? lol

Sounds good to me. I may have gotten this from you Premier guys actually. Unlike everything else where I wrote down the names. I forgot to ask when I picked this up at the last second. Under the LEDs this thing had amazing red color, almost glowed metallic red, and like I said purplish tint at the new growth tips. I've never had an SPS so bulbous though.

Sure wish I'd have asked the name.:(

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
Nope I think maybe it was actually from guys out in Aurora. These guys were mid right wall as you went through. There were three guys working the booth.

Thanks for the Digitata part guys!

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
Sethwolv;151200 said:
Can't wait to see it once it's established and showing it's colors!!
Currently under 480W of VHO and PC. It's pinkish orange with a bit of browner area in the areas obviously shaded before fragging. Otherwise YEA, I'm looking forward to seeing this things growth patterns.

It'll look WAY better once it's under LED's. Which I'm planning to build a fixture sometime over the next couple months. So, it'll eventually show me those bright reds again.