Remote controlled plug in sockets

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
One of the things I'm going to integrate into my build ease of use. I want to be able to shut off the halides, whites, and blues when I want, but I don't want a DJ power strip mounted to my stand nor do I want to be trying to reach behind my tank to unplug lights and equipment. So my thought was to have remote controlled sockets for the lighting and circulation pumps. I know you can shut sockets off with the reef keeper, but it's quite a cumbersome process and I know I'll forget to turn them back on at least once! (Plus the reef keeper may be in the basement anyways...) so I've been looking at remote controlled power strips. Has anyone used them? Has anyone used them with timers? Any thoughts on the idea?

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I work at Verizon and we actually have a wireless outlet that you can control with your cell phone. They are sale right now too. Let me know if you have any questions. I use one for my tank and it's awesome.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

You can set up timers too. I have one set up on my light so I can turn it off and on at any time even if the timer was set to off.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
J.guokas;261194 said:

You can set up timers too. I have one set up on my light so I can turn it off and on at any time even if the timer was set to off.
That's awesome!! They're made by Belkin?

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah. And there is an app you download on your phone and you an control it from there no matter where you are. Come see me and we will get you hooked up lol.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I also got a wireless hd camera made by them set up on my tank so I can check on the tank from wherever.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
J.guokas;261196 said:
Yeah. And there is an app you download on your phone and you an control it from there no matter where you are. Come see me and we will get you hooked up lol.
Ok! When I'm ready I'll get ahold of you!!

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Let me double check the price just to make sure it hasn't changed recently. They are like 150 through Belkin, I think ours is 130. Also depends on if you have a Verizon account and if you have a business discount. 25% off helps haha

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
J.guokas;261217 said:
Let me double check the price just to make sure it hasn't changed recently. They are like 150 through Belkin, I think ours is 130. Also depends on if you have a Verizon account and if you have a business discount. 25% off helps haha

So Josh, are you saying you can get these for us even cheaper than $130? :p

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so for those of you interested in info on the switch and camera just pm me. I don't wanna take over Blazin jacks thread anymore than we already have lol.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
J.guokas;261221 said:
Ok so for those of you interested in info on the switch and camera just pm me. I don't wanna take over Blazin jacks thread anymore than we already have lol.
No no, by all means post up! It's all good, I'm glad I found you some business!!