Rings343 House System

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Ok the long awaited build from Ken so I've been lurking around here casting light on whatever I can and have yet to show off my handy work I just recently picked up a brand new never been filled 180 reef ready oceanic with a bunch of extras for 500 so I'm majorly geeked on this hobby now.

here's a before and the new tank in the back of my truck
View attachment 15984 View attachment 15983

this is what I've been working on its been running for 2 weeks now my levels are finally coming down
View attachment 15987 View attachment 15986 View attachment 15985

here's some current pics I did a little rock work but this tank is purely temporary
View attachment 15992 View attachment 15993 View attachment 15994

Last edited by a moderator:

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
the endgame plans are a 120g rimless laid on its back in the living room that the wife knows about and a 300g fowlr that I have yet to tell her about most likely in the living room so I would be sitting right around 700g total system volume

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweet! Nice future plans for expansion via the ball valves!! I LIKE IT!

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Liking it! That's great to have a room dedicated to tanks and equipment. Everything looks really good.

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
the living room is on the other side of the wall too so I can go thru wall or into basement either way this room has always screamed fish room

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What can I grow on this piece of rock under the water????

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
So what's the full system makeup these days Ken?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
at the moment I'm running 2 systems the big 210 is solo till I get the new sump stabilized for sticks but now I just plan on adding the 210 to the house system as is and not tearing it down there are plan in the works for a new tank to replace the new tank LOL before it even gets wet I am getting ready to order a reefsavvy 120 72"l 24"w and 16"t rimless low iron phantom bottom ghost overflow black back I figure I better put a uber nice tank in the l.r. and were thinking about hosting a meeting

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
the sump has been up and running for 5 months I have some wierd gray algae and some strand red string algae I can see pods crawling on the rocks and have been collecting a lot in the socks so I'm thinking about ditching the socks and adding a little flow from my 210 to it to help things along

What does everyone think about this?