Ritteri anemone thoughts

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I am thinking that I want to do a Ritteri in the library with a harem of bicinctus clowns. I have heard they can be challenging nems to keep. Is this true? What are the challenges? Anyone have experience or is currently keeping one? I am loving keeping nems and love my RBTAs and my carpet. What do you guys think?

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have had mixed success with ritteri. I did manage to keep one for about a year, it split and then I promptly lost both. They seem to do best in high flow, high light environments. It's possible that they are sensitive to minute shifts in water parameters. I've been told (K. Kohen) that they are particularly sensitive to changes in alkalinity. They are beautiful animals.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I've never had one but researched them a bit and also heard they can be a challenge. I'd always heard sensitive to nitrates.

Why not a ton of bubble tips in a variety of colors with a large harem of clowns? https://www.vossenaquatics.com/ provided the clowns for the BRS harem tank. Although it doesn't appear he has any ready right now.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I've never had one but researched them a bit and also heard they can be a challenge. I'd always heard sensitive to nitrates.

Why not a ton of bubble tips in a variety of colors with a large harem of clowns? https://www.vossenaquatics.com/ provided the clowns for the BRS harem tank. Although it doesn't appear he has any ready right now.
Just thinking something different. I currently have 6 RBTAs in the classroom and a carpet. Maybe I could just do a carpet instead. Just love the vibrant bases these guys have and the contrast of the bicinctus clowns.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
There is always LTAs and Sebeas