Seth's Frag Table

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I guess I should make a build thread for my Frag Table.

So picked up a 4ft x 8ft hydroponics table from a guy who gave up growing weed on it and I decided to turn it into a frag table.

Thanks to Scott for giving me a 180g sump he had laying arround in his garage.

Pic:

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Filling up the sump:

Bought an Apex, Bubble Magus Nac 9, and using the Echo-plus 1200 from my 60g cube to run the tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do not use that hydro table 80% of plant nutrients have heavy metals in them that get imbedded I to the plastic of that table so it will leach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
newtoreef;282955 said:
Do not use that hydro table 80% of plant nutrients have heavy metals in them that get imbedded I to the plastic of that table so it will leach

Already thought of that. The table went though a chemical cleaning and soaked with a strong baking soda solution for 3 weeks.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I didn't think there was enough light so I bought up some more equipment off a used tank and upgraded the lighting and added 2x 400w halides:

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;282957 said:
Already thought of that. The table went though a chemical cleaning and soaked with a strong baking soda solution for 3 weeks.
I also have several Heavy Metal and pesticide test kits that I have been testing the water with and none of them have been detecting any trace.

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;282963 said:
I also have several Heavy Metal and pesticide test kits that I have been testing the water with and none of them have been detecting any trace.
K just be carful :)

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;282966 said:
Dam what you Gona do w such a huge frag table? You the next sponsor? Pretty cool to have that much room!!

I finally have the room to sort all my freaking coral I had jammed in my 120g and figure out what I want to keep and what I want to get rid of.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sweat044;283072 said:
Following along. Let me know how this works out. Found a couple of these really reasonable.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Vince from Great White Aquatics can order these trays in for people that want smaller sizes.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great White the new hydroponics store!!! LOL Yes we can get all that stuff as well. Glad to see you Dad gettin involve in the build.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
fishguy69;283089 said:
Great White the new hydroponics store!!! LOL Yes we can get all that stuff as well. Glad to see you Dad gettin involve in the build.

Yah he is manning the growing of my fish food for breeding :p