Show off your 40 breeder builds

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I'm starting to get the gears turning for a new 40b zoa garden tank build and down size my 75g soon. My plan is to do a 40b dt and 30b sump. Other than that I got nothing. Looking for plumbing and stand ideas. Not sure if I want to drill the bottom and make an overflow, do a glass holes kit on the back or something different like one of those PVC overflows.

So.... Let me see what you got and what you did please as I'm looking for inspiration, does and donts, along with things you would do differently. Pics would be awesome and appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I just realized you've never seen my tank!! Gotta come over and see it (after I clean of course...)!! You can help me id some zoas too!!

CRW Reef;239808 said:
That's a sweet setup for sure, thank you for posting !!!! Sorry couldn't didnt see it in a pic, did you end up drilling the side or the bottom inside that blue overflow?
Drilled the side of the tank.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Show off your 40 breeder builds

Blazinjack;239772 said:
I just realized you've never seen my tank!! Gotta come over and see it (after I clean of course...)!! You can help me id some zoas too!!
BFE? Hopefully someday soon ill get the privilege and would like that. But in the mean time how did you do your return and overflow?

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

CRW Reef;239813 said:
BFE? Hopefully someday soon ill get the privilege and would like that. But in the mean time how did you do your return and overflow?
Esschops 600 overflow, 1" PVC. Eco 1287 return pump to manifold split 3 ways; 1 to tank, 1 to refugium, and 1 to BP reactor. All 3 have ball valves to adjust flow.

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;239812 said:
Tony that stand is sweet!!!! That you're craftsmanship or someone else's?
I built it and it was easy, just wish I had used a craig jig like loosehip. building the doors was a bit tricky but doable you just need some basic tools like a router and table saw and shop saw

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member