Sunpod Mod Help

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've been working on rewiring a sunpod, it's 2x150 w de MH with 3 panels of moonlight leds. I finally got the metal halides to fire and fans to work on it. Next is wiring the LEDs.
Does anyone know if it would be possible to switch out the LED panels and replace the current "moon" light LED's with better LEDs (thinking actinics) to make the colors pop alongside the halides? If I did this, I would probably have to wire the ballasts externally to make room for the LED ballast. Thoughts? Suggestions? The LEDS currently wire into the stock metal halide ballasts.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
If its the fixture I think it is, its going to be hard to get rid of that much heat. Those panels have what, 6 led's in a 4" x 4" panel? That is a lot of heat, 6 led's @ 3w will melt themselves down without a good heat sink, and some decent air flow, imo.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FishTV;323015 said:
If its the fixture I think it is, its going to be hard to get rid of that much heat. Those panels have what, 6 led's in a 4" x 4" panel? That is a lot of heat, 6 led's @ 3w will melt themselves down without a good heat sink, and some decent air flow, imo.
That's what I've been reading online. Melts the housing or shorts the wires. To do it at all w LEDs Have to gut the halides and use the sunpod as a shell. Thanks!!