Tank must go, fish and corals cheap

Pseudorand

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, I'm moving. And I can't take it with me. So I need a good home for all the live things in my tank. If you've got space in your tank and some superglue, please consider fostering some fish and corals. (Actually, I've got extra glue I can send you home with.) If you stop by to pick something up, you can generally have anything you can carry for pennies. I work from home, so I'm available most of the time. 7/563-7656 if you're interested.

Fish:
  1. Clarki Clowns, pair, $15
    Ron and Hermine - the real deal. None of them feathery mutants but actual from-the-ocean rough-n-tumble clownfish. They need a good home. Anemone not needed (I don't have one) but I'm sure they wouldn't object to one.
  2. One-spot Foxface Rabbitfish, $15
    This is harry. He's a bit timid at first, but once he warms up to you he'll always be out and about.
I also have a 3-stripe damsel, royal gramma, firefish and a possum wrasse, but I'm sure I can't catch them until the corals are gone.

Corals:
  1. Rock with 3 corals, $50
    One rock with a jack-o-lantern lepto, mint pavona and a huge fiji leather. You get variety, you get size, this rock has it all.
  2. Acan, $5
    He never did well for me, but he's been growing slowly for years. Perhaps you can find the spot to make him take off.
  3. Bird's Nest, $5 as much as you want.
    This guy goes everywhere. Bright bluish white, it really brightens up a tank.
  4. Blue Voodoo, $5
    It's not actually that blue. But you do see the polyps out a lot, quite interesting. Seems to grow well, but ended up shaded. If you have light and flow, he'll be happy.
  5. Cali Tort, $10
    It's blue, it's branching, it's got your name on it. Striking color, did pretty will even without too much light and flow.
  6. Candy Cane, $5
    The big colony's gone, but the smaller pieces remain. As many as your tank can hold for one low price.
  7. Cyphastria rock, $50
    You get not one, not two but three types of cyphastria on one rock. Meteor shower (red on green), Bazzaro (orange on purple) and a nice reddish purple one. There's a green rockflower on there too, and you'll get bits of bird's nest.
  8. Frogspawn, $5
    Gorgeous green and purple contrast, and grows like mad. But watch out, he'll sting his neighbors.
  9. Green plating monti, $5
    Slower growing than the Idaho grape. I think he wants to be higher up.
  10. Idaho grape monti, $5
    Didn't grow for me for 6 months and then took off, shading half my tank.
  11. 24k lepto rock, $20
    Bright. My pics don't do him justice. The rest of the rock was covered until I sold some stuff recently, so the lepto is all that's on it, but it's beautiful.
  12. Mint pavona, $5
    Like a potato chip in some nice green dip.
  13. Yellow Scroll, $15
    A slow and steady grower, this guy would love a place with a bit more light.
  14. Shroom rock, $50
    These orange shrooms (I have no idea what species) are unique. They'll add a wonderful warm touch to your tank. There's a Mini Maxi carpet nem on the back side that they've been slowly pushing off. If you can give him a nice place to move, he'd love to get away from those shrooms. And no, I can't get them off the rock.
  15. Teal trumpet, $5
    You've seen the green, but did you know they come in pale blue too. This colony has your name on it.
  16. Torch, $75
    He's fisty, but with the right flow there's nothing more relaxing than watching a torch swaying in the current.
    Check out the pick where he got in a fight with a Paly.
  17. Zoa garden, $50
    Ever wanted your very own Zoa garden. Here's your chance. They're tiny, their beautiful and they're cheap.
Inverts & Salad:
  1. Pin Cushion urchin, $5|
    Got suction, will clean glass for a good home.
  2. Tuxedo Urchin, $5 (No pics)
    Pretty in purple
  3. Serpent star, $5 (No pics)
    He mostly hides, but if you throw some shrimp in the tank he'll usually come get it.
  4. Various hermets and snails
  5. Cheato, $5 or free bunch if you buy anything else
  6. Grape calurpa
Lots of gear and supplies (skimmer, ATO, custom lights, drip pumps, overflow, salt, cacl2, mgso4, soda ash), but I have to get rid of the living things that depend on all that stuff first. If you're in the market for any of it, come pick up some fish and coral and I'll make sure to call you first when I'm ready to sell it.

NOTE: There's a 10-file limit. I'll reply to attach more pics.

Attachments

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Where you located? I'd be interested in the foxfire, wrasse and firefish

Pseudorand

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am. Text me at 720-563-7656 and I'll send you my address. I got one other guy coming this afternoon, but I'm sure we can work things out.

Pseudorand

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks to everyone who's helped me find new homes for my pets. I'm totally stressed out about moving and it's a great weight of my shoulders to so much stuff find a good home so quickly. All the fish are sold (300g+80g with sticks, I think they'll be happy), as well as the urchins and starfish, the bubble, the frogspawn, the leather and various other corals. Here's what's left:

* Torch. It broke with all the activity, so there's now a 5-head piece and a 2-head peace. $10/head, and I'm glad to break it if you just want one. It started as a single head for me maybe 2 years ago. It's a grower (at least in my tank).
* Cyphastria rock, This is a huge rock, but I'll hammer it to get bits of the coral. There's Bizzaro and Meteor shower. $5/piece or $40 for the rock.
* Zoa garden - I'll hammer the rock to get you want you want, $5 piece or $40 for the whole thing.
* Shroom rock, somewhat reduced. These orange shrooms are beauties, but they do grow a lot. I can't get them off the rock, but I'll hammer it into pieces for anyone who wants it. $5/piece.
* Yellow scroll coral. This guy's a beauty. slow growing, but he's doubled in size for me in 3 or so years. Pretty yellow polyps. $5
* Mint pavona, $5
* Blue trumpet, $5
* Candy Cane / green trumpet (smaller pieces left), $5
* Bird's Nest, $5
* Idaho grape monti, $5
* Green plating monti, $5
* Jack-o-lantern lepto (I'll hammer the rock it was on to get whatever piece you want), $5
* 24k lepto (I'll hammer the rock it was on to get whatever piece you want), $5
* Various blue and purple schrooms, some with green spots
* There are smaller blue and red hermit crabs in there somewhere. $1/ea if we can find them.
* Live rock - $10/piece (or whatever we negotiate based on size).
* Cheato - $5/ball or free with purchase of anything else
* Grape calurpa - $5

A few of the rock nems I can find are spoken for, but there were at least 12 in the tank at some point (I got a deal), so if you take the live rock, you may get lucky.

Pseudorand

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
What are the details on the tank itself?
* 120g Extra High, 60x26x18.
* HOB overflow with AquaLifter 1/4" water pump to keep suction going. (I have extra of both the overflow and pump)
* Reef Octo External skimmer
* DIY LED lights from RapidLED with custom raspberry-pi controller (they've been great, but you gotta but techy to make use of them).
* Custom stand and hood with peninsula setup and floor-to-ceiling side panel to hide all the pumps and such
* Sicce A/C return pump
* Tunze ATO
* BRS 3-part with tall thin gallon jugs and pumps and extra Ca/Mg/Soda Ash
* Red Sea salt (I have 2x175g unopened that I'll be selling)

I'll give it another week or so to rehome corals before I have to murder the stragglers, then I'll post pics and a full inventory here for anyone who needs stuff.

I have an RO/DI, but I think I'm keeping it. Keeps me from having to descale the coffee pot.

Hal3134

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Interested in yellow scroll, birdsnest, candy cane, maybe some mushrooms. I’m in West Longmont and can come by tonight. Also Jack o lantern Lepto. I sent you a text. Clifton.

Last edited:
Hey There-
I would like to come by and get some corals from you for sure. I know I want the zoa rock and some birds nest and I am sure I will find plenty more. When could I come by?
Thanks,
Denise