Topoff pump recommendations

rplank

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am replacing my tunze ato with something else that didn't come with a pump. What do you recommend for a pump? Head height is about 2.5 ft.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
BRS 50ml is decent for the price. I use them, and have had decent luck (had to replace one of two in three years).

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm using a toms aqua lifter, only does a few gallons an hour and I've seen quite a few reefers w them, they get a bad rap though on reviews but I haven't had anything to complain about yrt

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rplank;356158 said:
I am replacing my tunze ato with something else that didn't come with a pump. What do you recommend for a pump? Head height is about 2.5 ft.

What are you using that didn't come with a pump already?

If money is not a huge concern here I don't think you can beat the spectrapure UPLC-2.

If you are using some sort of float switch setup you can just buy the peristaltic pump part of the UPLC-2 which is just awesome you can pull vertically from 25' or push vertically up to 60'. This pretty much means you can place your ATO reservoir anywhere you want. The one I have on my 60 cube now pulls from a basement room 1 floor down on the other side of the house.

http://spectrapure.com/DOSING-TOP-O...staltic-Dosing-Pump-LiterMeter-Gen6-Pump-Only

rplank

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got a jbj ato controller. Couldn't get one that came with the pump, they were out of stock.
I ordered an aqualifter.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
rplank;356502 said:
I got a jbj ato controller. Couldn't get one that came with the pump, they were out of stock.
I ordered an aqualifter.
You will be at the aqualifter's limit at 30"