Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
My guess is you are going to cringe at my Apex ATO code:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw2 OPEN Then OFF
If Sw2 CLOSED Then ON

I seriously hope that didn't make you blackout....

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
TheRealChrisBrown;369308 said:
My guess is you are going to cringe at my Apex ATO code:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw2 OPEN Then OFF
If Sw2 CLOSED Then ON

I seriously hope that didn't make you blackout....
You always gotta start small and add complexity as you get more familiar with the apex and have tested to ensure the simple code works. I would definitely add some fail safes though. The way your code is now, if the float fails or sticks, you will dump your entire ato reservoir in the tank and could arrive to a tank crash.

bathomassr

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for the link, pretty elegant solutions! Am I reading the "Stuck switch implementation" wrong or should "ATO_Latch" be replaced with "SwStuckCL"?

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey Zombie -

I have a gravity fed ATO that I want to close up during the feeding cycle cause it dumps fresh water while the pumps restart until the sump stabilizes. I was looking for a Normally Open solenoid for this. Almost everything NO that I have seen is pretty pricy ($70+). Any ideas?

Shawn

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
bathomassr;369378 said:
Thanks for the link, pretty elegant solutions! Am I reading the "Stuck switch implementation" wrong or should "ATO_Latch" be replaced with "SwStuckCL"?
Yeah. I was trying to fix the next section and accidentally made two sections wrong.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Defer 002:00 Then ON = the float must be closed for 2 consecutive minutes before turning on (for debouncing)

Min Time 010:00 Then ON = when the ato turns off stay off for at least 10 minutes even if the other conditions are true (to prevent short cycling)