We have a new Platinum Sponsor!!! Turbo's Aquatics!!!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Join me in welcoming our newest Platinum Sponsor, Turbo's Aquatics.

Thank you so much for you support and welcome to the MASC family!!!!

A little about Bud and @Turbo's Aquatics:

Hello everyone, I'm Bud Carlson with Turbo's Aquatics. I started into the aquarium hobby as a teenager back in the 80s with freshwater Cichlid tanks on well water. I still have (and I still occasionally use) my Marineland Magnum 330 canister filter that I used to run with a diatom filter to get rid of all the stuff in that well water that would cause algae issues.

Fast forward a few years...I got into saltwater around 2010 when I was convinced to take over maintenance of a tank in a dentist's office after I bought a tank from him on Craigslist. I started reading about Algae Scrubbers so I built one, then rebuilt it better, and eventually started Turbo's Aquatics and designed one for production after learning how to work with acrylic.

You might recognize me by my old forum username and avatar "Floyd R Turbo" which was my favorite Johnny Carson character, and was my handle on WWIII BBSs (that dates me, I'm old). I'm active on a couple "basics" threads for Algae Scrubbers and Acrylic Fabrication Q&A on R2R and such.

I've always made sumps and Algae Scrubbers as a side gig, but it developed into something more over time. In 2018 my day job (part owner of an engineering consulting firm) fizzled and I ended up with my own engineering company, which gave me more flexibility with my time, and coincidentally, less free time. Go figure.

Around then, I started another company (CWT Aquatics, a joint venture with Josh Johnson of Clear Water Scrubbers) to start making sumps that were designed around our 2 brands of Algae Scrubbers. Josh's company (Clear Water Scrubber) and my company (Turbo's Aquatics) were never intermingled - CWT Aquatics was it's own separate entity. I eventually bought out his share of CWT (it made sense to both of us) and merged it into Turbo's Aquatics (for simplicity).

I currently have a workshop in central Iowa where manufacture my Algae Scrubbers, sumps & ATOs (among other things). I ship Algae Scrubbers worldwide. I ship acrylic products generally within the US only.

I am currently working on finalizing the fifth version (aptly named, Rev 5) of my Turbo Algae Scrubber product line (which has been continually delayed...mess of a market the last few years).

I am also currently finalizing the design of a new sump concept that I believe will be very popular.

With those new products pending, I am selling my current Algae Scrubber (Rev 4) at a discount with upgrades when available, and the old CWT sumps are currently on sale at or below distributor pricing.

TA Logo Bannner 720x150.png

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado