web site changes, need your guys input

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Not getting any lag at all, might be Photobucket if Cherub is. Only a couple broken links or empty categories, but that's probably because you're still updating/uploading inventory. Looks good so far, basic, nothing too fancy, easy enough to navigate, and good pics of livestock. Need to double-check spelling, capitalization, etc. I missed the first time pokin' around, but looks like others found 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good start, but you really need to spell check. Just reading a few things, I came across a few typos, which in turn knocks the whole site down a notch. Inproper words, capitalization and punctuation.

"It’s are responsibility..."

"all new accounts receive $50 in free livestock(with 3 month contract)"

Also, standardize your Upper/lower casing - your dropdowns are all over the place. Also your menus are inconsistent. Ideally use propercase.

Not knocking, just giving you feedback to make it better. Again, a good start, now polish it :)

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;197317 said:
Inproper words...
Speaking of spell check. ;)

Just busting your chops. Good suggestions Munch, I agree the site will look great and reputable with a little polishing. I noticed the same thing with the menus...the inconsistent capitalization pulls attention away from some options and toward others.

My only other recommendation would be to add the ability to sort the coral selection by type (lps, sps, softies...etc). Although you don't have much listed now, I imagine your stock list will grow. One thing I've noticed when browsing vendor sites is that I tend to spend more time perusing sites that allow me to customize the wysiwyg coral selection by type. I've lost interest on other sites while looking for a hot zoa and having to wade through 3+ pages of sps before seeing anything close to what I'm looking for.

I definitely like the lack of unnecessary clutter on the site, sidebars of featured items and additional menus can be helpful...but I honestly just ignore them. I think that your decision to link them at the bottom of the page with the shopping cart was a great idea. Besides killing clutter, it forces buyers to maybe consider one more item by placing those "new items" front and center.