1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

What’s your tap tds?

Discussion in 'Tank Chemistry' started by flagg37, Jul 4, 2020.

1. spstimie

spstimie Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

225 to 270 in Aurora about 2 miles from the water treatment plant. My "purified" refrigerator water was 220...

2. Tinyreef

Tinyreef Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

38 tds in ault

3. zatch

zatch Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

4. flagg37

flagg37 Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

When it’s that low, you can skip the RO and just do a pre filter and carbon and then right to DI.

5. Tinyreef

Tinyreef Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I wish I had tested my water before buying my rodi unit.

6. Ryan303

Ryan303 Copepod

Total newbie question, but how do you find out?

7. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

You have to have a tds meter to test the water.

8. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

9. Ryan303

Ryan303 Copepod

Awesome. Thank you.

10. JoshG

JoshG Copepod

I have a probe TDS meter, will trade readings for SPS.... Kidding, but if you're in need, even if out of curiosity, message me. I live on 104th and Tower but am in Denver for work more often than I care to be....

11. Ryan303

Ryan303 Copepod

Thank you. That is very generous.

12. Spieg

Spieg Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I'm in Aurora and haven't checked for a while but was averaging 50-100 TDS... Was in the single digits once about 10 years ago.