1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

What is this guy?

Discussion in 'Inverts and other Marine Animals' started by Ryan303, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Ryan303

Ryan303 Copepod

I found this on one of my urchins. I cant tell if it was eating the urchins tentacles or if they were just pulled in.

Attached Files:

2. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Hard to tell exactly but looks a bit like a porcelain crab

3. Ryan303

Ryan303 Copepod

Thank you.

4. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

It could be stuck to the tube feet of the urchin. If so, you might have to intervene to keep it alive.

5. ReefCheif

ReefCheif Shark Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

That is a zebra crab and its NOT beneficial to your urchin. It eats the spines and will eventually kill the urchin.

SynDen likes this.
  6. Ryan303

Ryan303 Copepod

Thanks for the reply. I think it got my white and purple urchin before I dumped him in my refugium.