Zoa and unknown ID

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
1) these have popped up in recent days and have quickly sprouted up everywhere. Haven't seen any neg affects on the corals yet. Thanks!

2) found these and moved them to their own plug, hiding amidst some fire and ice Zoas I got a while ago.
Skit is off white, face goes from indigo to pink, mouth is white

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
1: looks to be colonizing hydroids to me, can be invasive so you will want ro keep in check with superglue, kalk paste, pickling lime or remove that particular rock as a whole. They can sting corals if allowed to come in to clise contact.

2: no clue but looks like it could be a sweet morph

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks chad. I have some apastia x I'll use on them. They've gotten everywhere in just a short time.
I'll let u know what it morphs into ;)

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You will have a hard time with aptasia x. Make some paste out of kalk or pickling lime and spread it over them. Way faster easier and cheaper.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Finally got some kalkwasser to paste over the rocks, been pulling off w tweezers.
Transferring all my rock to my new build and will inspect and paste each rock as it comes out.
When I do this do I need to walk my levels or just kalk them and not worry about it in the new 65? Every rock has at least an inch by inch section of hydroids, couldn't get to the cracks yet.
Thanks!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
If you pulling the rocks out to transfer over, then just put the rock in a bucket of salt water, apply the paste liberally over the top of them, let it sit for about 30min or so then rinse the kalk off the rock and then place in your tank. If you doing it in your tank you will want to turn off all pumps and apply paste to small sections at a time, let sit again and then turn on the pumps and make sure none of the paste lands on any corals. I wouldn't go crazy and do all the rocks in one shot if you are doing it in tank, just do one or two rocks/patches at a time, let sit a day for the number to normalize and then do another spot. If you do it in tank and do to much at once it will make you ph, alk and calc skyrocket in very short amount of time. But if you just transferring over you can do it in a bucket like i mentioned and not have to worry about the numbers on the tank going haywire.