60 shallow reef

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Water Mixing Station:
Wife and sister-in-law gave me time today to work on the garage. Part of that included making the water station. Had to make a PVC flow path for the waste water to be collected in a 54 gallon drum outside the garage, it's just to the left of the fridge.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks good

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
CRW Reef;357948 said:
Love glass mixing stations like that, nice choice!
Me too. I wanna do two 29's or 40's in the future. Would love to connect with a pump for mixing and moving water from the fresh water side to the salt. Something like this.
but with glass.

On a side note, do you use the garage for cars? I'd cover the tank if so. I'd hate to see contaminants get into the nice rodi water.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;357952 said:
On a side note, do you use the garage for cars? I'd cover the tank if so. I'd hate to see contaminants get into the nice rodi water.
I have the glass to cover it. We don't use the garage unless there's a bad storm coming.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Macros: was able to trade some dragons tongue and red dragon with MR Coral (out of grand junction) for a piece of golden eye chalice, a war favia, and a nice piece of scroll coral. Going to try to add some photos when I get my good camera back from my wife - baby pictures take priority I guess

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rplank;358114 said:
Depends on who you ask, but you are making the right decision! Lol
?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
iPhone pic:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rplank;358117 said:
The right decision is always the family, although some might disagree. (They end up lonely!)
Too true. Ended up quitting my day job so I could b home w the boys during this pregnancy, has been the best decision I could have made. Thanks for the encouragement randy!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Water change today, mixing up the water later and then doing a 20 gallon change on my 60 and a 10 gallon change on my 30.

Bottom tank will be just rodi once it's cleaned and I find lids for it.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Multi Tank Syndrome: 60F, 3x20L, 30L, 20H, 40B, 10

flyfish;358697 said:
Looking pretty good Jerimiah
Thanks Marc! Nothin like your tanks though. I'll be up your way again in September, I'll text you when I know the date for sure.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Crappy iPhone pics of my frag tank:

Amazingly I've sold and traded algae for corals more than I've traded coral frags at this point on the western slope.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;358960 said:
Amazingly I've sold and traded algae for corals more than I've traded coral frags at this point on the western slope.
Looking good Jeremiah! I have a lot of macro algae ready for you. I should be around on the 5th when you are in town. Let me know if you make it my way. If you find some BBEB, I could use some too.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shaunv;359046 said:
Looking good Jeremiah! I have a lot of macro algae ready for you. I should be around on the 5th when you are in town. Let me know if you make it my way. If you find some BBEB, I could use some too.
Nice! I'm getting a frag from Chad (pres) that day of the BBEB. I'll be out at dia around 1 and then running around town for an hour or two.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
30L: traded some calerpula algae (about 5 gallons worth) as tang food for 2 rose anemones today. I also added charcoal to my media tower (filter floss//charcoal//chemipure//purigen).

Forgot I had changed out the nozzles on the back wall for these: